Help for companies established in the United Kingdom
UK employers seeking to recruit skilled staff from overseas, will need to register with the UKVI. Once registered they will be able to sponsor the employees to work in the United Kingdom. This facility is matched by substantial obligations to the UKVI , to record and monitor migrant staff activity in the United Kingdom. The penalties for breach of these obligations can be high, entailing fines of up to £10,000 for each migrant employed in breach of conditions, and the potential loss of sponsorship rights.
Since the inception of the Points Based System , the rules governing the Sponsor duties, and the grant of Certificates of Sponsorship, have been subject to constant change. Regulatory uncertainty renders compliance onerous.
If you are an overseas business, please click here.
- Advise on the merits of registration and the most suitable category of application, and on the evolving obligations as the rules change.
- Offer staff training on the duties involved.
- Audit your files to ensure that your employment practices are compliant with UK Immigration law prior to any application for registration.
- Register your organisation under Tier 2 and Tier 5 of the points based system.
- Assist in the application for Certificates of Sponsorship (Restricted and Unrestricted)
- Contest Civil Penalties, and intervene where enforcement action is taken against your firm.
- Prepare Visa and Leave to Remain applications for your staff.
Case Study - Employers' Sanctions.